RS/6000 7025 F8E failing with 2BA00022

Post by Marc S. Gibi » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 04:57:39

I have an old RS/600 model 7025 F40 that is failing to boot, reporting
an error 2BA00022 F8E. Searching the news archives shows it might be a
memory problem, but I've already tried trouble-shooting memory by
removing modules and did not find a combination that got past this
error (I did find a combination that was even worse). The only
reference of note that I find on the web suggests its a bad system
board. If that's the case, can anyone recommend the best course of
action?

Thank you in advance for your help with this.

-Marc

RS/6000 7025 F8E failing with 2BA00022

Post by da » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 06:14:44

Quote:> I have an old RS/600 model 7025 F40 that is failing to boot, reporting
> an error 2BA00022 F8E. Searching the news archives shows it might be a
> memory problem, but I've already tried trouble-shooting memory by
> removing modules and did not find a combination that got past this
> error (I did find a combination that was even worse). The only
> reference of note that I find on the web suggests its a bad system
> board. If that's the case, can anyone recommend the best course of
> action?

> Thank you in advance for your help with this.

> -Marc

Try draining NVRAM first.

 <2BA00022>
Error Description
Service processor reports bad CRC error-CMOS/NVRAM
Action Plan/FRU replacement
  System board.  (See notes.)

-dan