1. APC USB ups, Back-UPS ES series, 2.5.68
(Please cc: me on reply)
I'm wanting to get this new toy up and running. I've installed apcupsd,
but it doesn't want to work well with my kernel (2.5.68) or somewhat.
When apcupsd tries to open the hiddev, open() gets an ENODEV. Is
apcupsd doing something wrong or is 2.5.68 doing something wrong?
hub 1-0:0: debounce: port 1: delay 100ms stable 4 status 0x301
hub 1-0:0: new USB device on port 1, assigned address 4
usb 1-1: new device strings: Mfr=3, Product=1, SerialNumber=2
usb 1-1: Product: Back-UPS ES 350 FW:800.e3.D USB FW:e3
usb 1-1: Manufacturer: APC
usb 1-1: SerialNumber: AB0238241677
usb 1-1: usb_new_device - registering interface 1-1:0
hid 1-1:0: usb_device_probe
hid 1-1:0: usb_device_probe - got id
drivers/usb/core/file.c: asking for 1 minors, starting at 96
drivers/usb/core/file.c: found a minor chunk free, starting at 96
hiddev96: USB HID v1.10 Device [APC Back-UPS ES 350 FW:800.e3.D USB
FW:e3] on usb-00:07.2-1
~# ls -l /dev/usb/hid
crw-r--r-- 1 root root 180, 192 Dec 31 1969 hiddev96
crw-r--r-- 1 root root 180, 193 Dec 31 1969 hiddev97
~# strace -f apcupsd (trimmed)
open("/dev/usb/hid/hiddev95", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
open("/dev/usb/hid/hiddev96", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENODEV (No such device)
open("/dev/usb/hid/hiddev97", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENODEV (No such device)
open("/dev/usb/hid/hiddev98", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
write(2, "Couldn\'t find UPS device or no p"..., 43Couldn't find UPS
device or no permission.
) = 43
_exit(1) = ?
apcupsd version: 3.10.5
Linux kernel: 2.5.68
p.s. apcupsd needs patched to handle hiddev from 96 on (minor allocated by kernel)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
2. Question about nat and real ips behind firewall
3. UPS Woes (APC Back-UPS Pro)
4. Linux for Windows95 (or vice versa!)
5. APC Back-UPS 400, updated howto for UPS?
6. PD implementation of RFC 931?
7. APC Back-UPS 400 and its UNIX cable
8. klogd eating all cpu power
9. How to Copy Unix application file to Macintosh and back to Unix box?
10. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!
11. deleted files back in unix.
12. Utility to back up Win95 files on a unix tape drive
13. Backing up multiple large DB files in UNIX environment