AIX433 and HACMP422

Post by Klaus Oberl » Thu, 17 May 2001 22:30:35

Hi all,

we have two SP MCA High Nodes currently running with AIX 4.2.1 and HACMP
4.2.2 and we're planning to migrate
both nodes to AIX 4.3.3.
Each nodes runs an Oracle Database and the nodes are sharing one
SSA-Drawer.

Question:
Will HACMP 4.2.2 still run after the migration or do we have to upgrade
it, too?
If so (=>HACMP 4.4), is it necessary to customize the HA stuff or will
the upgrade take care of the current HA configuration?

I'm *not* the HACMP guru :-)

TIA!

Klaus

Klaus Oberle
IT Administration
Linde AG, Industrial Trucks and Hydraulics Division
Aschaffenburg / Germany

AIX433 and HACMP422

Post by Simon Marches » Sun, 20 May 2001 04:38:07

Yes, HACMP 4.2.2 supports AIX 4.3.3 so you can just upgrade AIX, but it's
out of support now, so plan to upgrade to 4.3.1 or 4.4 (with fixes) as soon
as possible. And yes, your config will be preserved.