artic960HX + SDLC

Post by Mike Laytha » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to configure the ARTIC960HX adapter for a 'pure sdlc
connection'.
Not sdlc over X25. However I am having problems configuring one of the 4
ports as a point to point connection. The system will only allow me to
configure the card for X25 connectivity ie:-

Manage ports asks for NUA address etc, which isn't utilised for a SDLC
connection.

Has anyone any experience of installaing/configuring one of these cards on
AIX 4.2.1

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Mike Laytham

artic960HX + SDLC

Post by Paul Landa » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Here is what I do on aix 4.3:

1) Get the latest 'devices.artic960.rte' driver
   from http://www.radisys.com
   http://www.radisys.com/service_support/artic/file_960hx.cfm

2) Get the latest 'devices.common.IBM.hdlc.*' and
   'devices.pci.14108c00.rte' code
   from http://service.software.ibm.com/rs6k/fixdb.html

3) Unconfigure any X.25 device drivers that are on riciop0.
   The AIXLink/X.25 code and the hdlc code can't both use
   the adapter at the same time.

4) Use the following smit panels:
     smitty commodev
       IBM ARTIC960HX PCI Adapter
         Adapter
           Manage Device Drivers
             Manage MPQP COMIO Emulation Device Driver
               Add a device driver
   This should add the 'tsdX' device as a child of
   the riciop0 device (as displayed by 'lsdev -C').
               Manager MPQP COMIO Emulation Ports
                 Add a Port
   This should add the 'mpqY' device as a child of
   the tsdX device (as displayed by 'lsdev -C').
   Note that X and Y will probably be both be 0
   (i.e. tsd0 and mpq0), but don't have to be the same.

5) Configure your communications software to talk to mpqX.
   Note that if you are using Communications Server for AIX
   you will also need to install the 'bos.dlc.sdlc' code.

Paul Landay

1. Linux and IBM host connectivity (SNA and SDLC): please, help!

Please, help!

I'm trying to understand if there is any possibility to replace a DOS
PC using IBM Personal Communications (3270 emulation), a SDLC
communication adapter in a SNA environment, with a Linux box, to
connect to an IBM mainframe.

I have some strong drawbacks.

1) I may only use a PC with SDLC communication adapter, connected to a
modem.
Are there drivers to get it working?

2) I may only use SNA environment to talk to the host - no TCP/IP!
Are there kernel patches or modules to add SNA to Linux?

3) I need emulation.

I've been looking for a while but my ideas are quite confused.

Can anybody help me?

2. LILO hangs on boot

3. Where can I find HDLC/SDLC Device Driver?

4. My box refuses my telnet connection.

5. SDLC with any 'ol modem

6. Bug on "tr" command

7. SNA/SDLC on linux

8. freeWAIS-0.1 under Linux, anyone?

9. Zilog 85C30 in LOOP MODE SDLC

10. Linux and SNA / SDLC / QLLC / X.25 / LU6.2 / x3270

11. sdlc linux

12. IBM SDLC card device driver for Linux?

13. TCP/IP over SNA<SDLC> on AIX??