Restricted shell and ftp

Post by Ron » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I would like to set up some users using the restricted shell and set the
ERR trap, -e option and all works great with /usr/bin/ksh -e -r except
that then the user cannot ftp into the machine.  Is this just the way
things work, or is there something I could do differently to also allow
them ftp access?

Thanks,

Ron

1. unable to ftp...if i set restricted shell (bash -r)

Greetings,

I have created a user with a restricted shell (i.e with a shell bash
-r), by this method somehow i can able to achieve my requirements
expect ftp bcos i guess for ftp this shell may not be in correct
format. I need to set restricted shell for a user with ftp privilege
.How could i do this?

pls help out in this regard
OS : RH 7.1,7.2,7.3

thanks & regards

2. Netscape (and other programs) not running

3. Can restricted shell be used in FTP access?

4. ATI 3D Xpression board with XFree86???

5. ? Ftp and Restricted Shell = Pb !

6. Help with Networking

7. restricted shell/restricting login

8. linking two linux PCs through comm ports

9. Restricted shell and FTP

10. HELP: FTP & restricted shell

11. restricted shell for ftp?

12. restricted shell or restricted access

13. ftp and restricted shell