How to build ACE libraries

Post by TCW » Thu, 14 Jun 2001 09:45:20

Hello there,

I  tried to run "configure" to build ACE libraries on the AIX 4.3.3 box with
VisualAge 5.0 but failed. Following is the steps that I used:

export ACE_ROOT=/tmp/ACE/ACE_wrappers
export CXX=xlC
cd  /tmp/ACE/ACE_wrappers/obj
../configure

After four hours running, the output reported the configuration was not
usable. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

TC

How to build ACE libraries

Post by Malcolm Spen » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:24:41

> Hello there,

> I  tried to run "configure" to build ACE libraries on the AIX 4.3.3 box with
> VisualAge 5.0 but failed. Following is the steps that I used:

> export ACE_ROOT=/tmp/ACE/ACE_wrappers
> export CXX=xlC
> cd  /tmp/ACE/ACE_wrappers/obj
> ../configure

> After four hours running, the output reported the configuration was not
> usable. Any help is appreciated.

> Regards,

> TC

Hi TC,

we are in the final throes of clearing up an AIX port of ACE and TAO.
(Versions 5.1 and 1.1) The open source and binaries will be made
available on our web site www.theaceorb.com. Hopefully that will help
solve your problem. The port was not straightforward.

regards Malcolm Spence
Director of Business development
OCI St. Louis MO 63141
314-579-0066 ext 206