>Has anybody succeeded in doing queue accounting on 3.1.5 ?
>I have tried with
> acctfile = /usr/adm/qacct
>in /usr/lpd/qconfig for all queues of interest, with /usr/adm/qacct existing
>when qdaemon was started, and I have tried all ( I hope) reasonable file
>owners for the qacct file, to the only effect that qacct stays empty.
My experiences, with uniquely named files for different printers:
With lines-per-page at 66, page use info was added to the files.
When I changed the virtual printer characteristics to 0 lines-per-page,
nothing was added. (Makes sense, if you don't know how many lines to a page,
you can't count the pages)
0 l-p-p means let the printer do its own pagination
Computer Aided Design Centre, Fax: +64-9-366-0702 / our bodies & our wits
School of Engineering, Ph: +64-9-737-999 x8384 / But we waste time,
University of Auckland, Private Bag, Auckland, NZ \ so time & we are quits