Using Sendmail to e-mail MS-Exchange

Post by Anthon » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 04:41:24

Here is what I want to do......
I have an RS/6000 Aix4 running sendmail and am trying to get it to e-mail

the message will be delivered. I have the Exchange Box locked down so that
it can not be used as a relay. When I try to send an e-mail with another

turn up logging on exchange I get a 550 relaying message displayed. Does
anyone else have this setup and working internally? Thanks, Anthony

Using Sendmail to e-mail MS-Exchange

Post by Jim Schwart » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:14:11

Exchange doesn't automatically allow child domains or host names to route
in. You'll have to allow the server to accept for servername.domain.com. You

> Here is what I want to do......
> I have an RS/6000 Aix4 running sendmail and am trying to get it to e-mail

> the message will be delivered. I have the Exchange Box locked down so that
> it can not be used as a relay. When I try to send an e-mail with another

> turn up logging on exchange I get a 550 relaying message displayed. Does
> anyone else have this setup and working internally? Thanks, Anthony

1. URGENT! Linux vs MS-Exchange as email server

I have recently learned that my company has been looking at MS-Exchange
as our company email server.  Since I am familiar with Linux I have been
asking questions about this, namely why pay for MS-Exchange when Linux
is free.  The answer to that is that our IT contractor only knows
MS-Exchange or Groupwise.

Can anyone help me with some info / comparisons between Linux as a mail
server and MS-Exchange.

The timing is critical because I have to have a proposal ready for
Monday, our board of directors meet on Tuesday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Trummer

2. a few questions

3. e-mail using MS Exchange

4. what is causing system to do page-in/page-out?

5. Sendmail vs. MS-Exchange

6. Copy File

7. Data for NOT using MS-Exchange.

8. 3com PCMCIA card not working

9. MS patches Exchange 2000 email spy bug

10. MS Exchange Server e-mail client?

11. Help! - Accessing E-mail from MS Exchange

12. Eliminating duplicate emails (duplicate message ID) in MS Outlook/Exchange

13. Route email from AIX to MS Exchange