SP Switch problem

Post by TOHS » Thu, 14 Jun 2001 22:06:43

Hi,

I tried to restore my Nodes onto another SP machine, But I cannot get the
Switch to start. Can anyone advice on what to look out for. The Worm
services on all nodes are not able to start too.

Thanks

TohSH

SP Switch problem

Post by Rodney Clar » Thu, 14 Jun 2001 22:48:58

You probably have to go through the annotate switch enz procedures.
What may work is Eclock -d
This lets the cws figure out who should be primary and who supplies the
clock
Be carefull as it stops the whole switch.
Failing all this donload the install and configure pssp manual and read it.

Quote:> Hi,

> I tried to restore my Nodes onto another SP machine, But I cannot get the
> Switch to start. Can anyone advice on what to look out for. The Worm
> services on all nodes are not able to start too.

> Thanks

> TohSH

SP Switch problem

Post by Peter Mu » Tue, 19 Jun 2001 00:28:37

mit Datum Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:48:58 +0200 in comp.unix.aix:

!You probably have to go through the annotate switch enz procedures.
!What may work is Eclock -d
!This lets the cws figure out who should be primary and who supplies the

If we do install a new node (where none was before), or if we
have another severe change in the SP-complex, then in
many cases I found the Eclock command helpful before running
Estart. And if, as in this case, the whole switch fabric is
already down, it wouldn't harm.

!Failing all this donload the install and configure pssp manual and read it.

Well, in case of trouble this might not be all too useful; at least
if after going thru the install steps it still doesnt work...
For this case, I will give a couple of additional hints below;
maybe they are useful for one or the other of You...

!> I tried to restore my Nodes onto another SP machine, But I cannot get the
!> Switch to start. Can anyone advice on what to look out for. The Worm
!> services on all nodes are not able to start too.

-> As long as You do not have host_responds, if the switch
does work, it does so only by accident.;-) (but the Worm _may_
run already then)
   -> check with lssrc and ps if the hats, hags, and haem daemon
      does run on the node, and restart them if they are
      inoperativ. (You might try the syspar_ctrl command.)
      If they are unhappy, check logs under /var/ha and
      figure out what is wrong.
      Do not proceed before having host_responds.
-> As long as the Worm doesn't run, You can never expect
the switch to work.
   -> If the Worm is dead, try starting it by executing
      /usr/lpp/ssp/css/css_restart_node (on the node).
      If the problem is still persistent, then the Worm
      will just die again.
   -> The Worm does extensive logging under /var/adm/SPlogs/css*;
      (and it is in any case a good idea to check for newly written
      files under /var/adm/SPlogs (on CWS _and_ nodes). You will
      find log-, status-, and error-messages in typical cryptic
      unix jargon there, and the amount of helpfulness is
      proportional to your unix-experience.;-})
Reasons why Worm doesn't work may include:
  - PTFs for ssp are missing for this type of switch adapter card.
    Worm will report it cannot configure the switch adapter.
  - Under certain PSSP levels the setup of a single switch adapter
    card fails occasionally. Worm will report it cannot configure.
    The switch adapter will show up in SDR as "config_failed".
    Reboot the node.
  - Some error in your kerberos or rsh config. Logs will report
    that the distribution of some config files did fail. Logs may
    show an original rsh error-msg. Reproduce this exact error-
    message by figuring out which rsh command (from which machine
    to which machine) produces it and then correct that error.

PMc
--
Write to: Peter Much * Fichtenstr. 28 * D-65527 Niedernhausen * +49-6127-967111

   The subject pretty much says it all.  How do I map a tab to three
spaces?  On SunOS 4.1.3, vi says "Too dangerous to map that" when I do a
':map tab "   "'.
--
Russell Mosemann     Concordia College      Voice: (402) 643-7445
Computing Center     Seward, NE 68434       Fax:   (402) 643-4073

2. PAS16 - can't make it work...

3. Removing an SP Switch - Documentation needed

4. Disable mail relaying on 2.4 ?

5. SP switch table question

6. HP DAT and OSR 5.0.2 problems

7. ? What is your SP switch setting ?

8. Two Scsi Cards, which is which?

9. tcpdump and aix and SP switch interface

10. Getting SP switch statistics from kernel.

11. netstat, SP switch, LAPI/KLAPI

12. Storix - SP switch backups

13. Oracle traffic & the SP switch