TCP/IP Configuration problem

Post by jmnee.. » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hello:

Please e-mail any responses directly to the address above.  I am a new
AIX admin and have been building an RS/6000 C10 box with AIX 4.3.2.  I
inadvertedly configured my TCP/IP through Smitty on ethernet adapter
en0 and need to completely remove the adapter or wipe its settings to
null and then configure the correct adapter et0 with those settings...
I am not sure how to do this under AIX or smitty in particular.
Hopefully someone can answer this.  Obviously, the operation will fail
if you try to just configure the other adapter cause the en0 is already
configured and there cannot be two adapters with the same IP and etc :-)

Thanks for any help in advance.

J. Mike Needham

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

TCP/IP Configuration problem

Post by Ravindra » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

As root, do the following :

#ifconfig en0 down detach
#rmdev -l en0 -d

Then do a 'smit mktcpip' on the 'et0'.  Select 'yes' to start the
interface now & on system restart.  'et0' will be configured with your
settings.

Ravi

> Hello:

> Please e-mail any responses directly to the address above.  I am a new
> AIX admin and have been building an RS/6000 C10 box with AIX 4.3.2.  I
> inadvertedly configured my TCP/IP through Smitty on ethernet adapter
> en0 and need to completely remove the adapter or wipe its settings to
> null and then configure the correct adapter et0 with those settings...
> I am not sure how to do this under AIX or smitty in particular.
> Hopefully someone can answer this.  Obviously, the operation will fail
> if you try to just configure the other adapter cause the en0 is
already
> configured and there cannot be two adapters with the same IP and etc
:-)