Software Listing

Post by Michael D McGuiga » Mon, 15 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me how to get a listing of installed packages/OS bundled
items.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

Software Listing

Post by Thomas Miel » Mon, 15 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello Mike,

lslpp -l all

Thomas

Michael D McGuigan schrieb in Nachricht

Quote:>Can anyone tell me how to get a listing of installed packages/OS bundled
>items.

>Thanks in advance.

>Mike.

Software Listing

Post by Michael D McGuiga » Mon, 15 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Thanks Thomas!!

Software Listing

Post by root » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Can anyone tell me how to get a listing of installed packages/OS bundled
> items.

> Thanks in advance.

> Mike.

lslpp command will show you installed products. Do a man on lslpp for
difference options on lslpp.

Software Listing

Post by ramswam » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

use lslpp -l

 Rama Hanuman

> Can anyone tell me how to get a listing of installed packages/OS bundled
> items.

> Thanks in advance.

> Mike.

1. Software Listing - pkginfo

Hi:
I am writing an application which would list out a
hardware / software inventory on a solaris information.

The following stumbling blocks are hampering progress.

1) Software Inventory : I looked up pkginfo and tried it out.
i plan to use it from within my program. But, i also recognize
the fact that it does not do a complete listing. when i tried
pkginfo -l for example it failed to turn up emacs, gcc etc
which I know are installed on the system.

Question : Is there any other tool / command to get a complete
software inventory ( i.e. name, description, and version/revision
at the very least) on a solaris.

2) I need a similar inventory for hardware installed on the machine
for example a tool/command which would provide listing of the
following or similar nature would be fabulous.

bus0             Available 00-00              PCI Bus
mouse0           Available                    3 button mouse
etc....

i was able to achieve the above on an IBM RS6000 running AIX ver 4.3
using the base operating commands provided
lslpp ----- for software listing
lsdev ----- for hardware listing.

Are there parallels in the solaris world.

thanks .
you can send me personal email at

cheers
kumar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. internet

3. Installed software listing

4. RH7.1 and telnet/ftp problem

5. Free software listings?

6. Iomega ZIP Tools Won't Format?

7. Need Backup Software List

8. Solaris 2.5.1J and Japanese input?

9. Is there a best software list of linux?

10. software list for linux?

11. X Software Listing Wanted

12. Commercial Software List.

13. System Software List?