Bypass power on password.

Post by jmings144 » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 08:15:34

I've inherited a RS6000 pseries from a now defunct department.  We don't
have the power on password and have no means to obtain it.  Is there a way
to disable or reset the power on password?

thanks!
Jeremy

Bypass power on password.

Post by no_.. » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:56:19

Quote:>I've inherited a RS6000 pseries from a now defunct department.  We don't
>have the power on password and have no means to obtain it.  Is there a way
>to disable or reset the power on password?

>thanks!
>Jeremy

Jeremy,
I THINK you can remove the CMOS battery (the little watch battery on
the system board)and let it stand for about 30 minutes.  Then replace
and bring up the machine.  It will have "forgotten" it's settings and
you can reset.

Try this, it can't hurt anything.

1. Bypass userid/password prompt?

I'm using a CERN webserver.  Sorry, don't know the version.  It's set
up to require login.  When I try to access something that is protected
the userid/password box appears.  What I want to do is to create an
html page that requests the userid and password and then pass it to
the server some way and not have the userid/password box appear.  Does
anyone know if that's possible?

Thanks

2. No /usr/src/linux directory---empty

3. bypass password entry

4. Newbie to Disksuite

5. How to bypass password...

6. XTEL API

7. passing or bypassing "Password:" during su in a script

8. Ques:: What MacOS for LinuxPPC on 4400

9. how to bypass authentication on password create/change?

10. rsh - bypass password

11. Granting help-desk power of password change

12. Can't set root password- Password busy error -is not due to temp password file

13. Backup power, power failures, and crashes