pop server -- cant find on AIX cdrom

Post by DP Steel » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I need to install popd and popper to enable pc email retrieval -- Does
anyone know where these are hiding on the AIX 4.3 distribution cdrom's? I
can't find them ...

Thank you

P Steele

1. simultaneous pop connection slow down aix pop server

: We run sendmail 8 and qpopper on an aix 4  machine
: Recently the server slows down quite considerably. I found that it's
: whenever there are many popper processes (i.e. pop clients being
: run from the user pc connecting to their mail boxes) running
: that have a significant machine response degradtion effect.
: Now is this normal ?
: How can it be improved, like e.g. moving the /var/spool/mail
: onto a faster or dedicated disk ? , Upgrading the qpopper ?  ..etc
: Advising user to use imap ?
: .....
: Any other suggestions that might help ?

:         __

--
        __

  /      ( -------------  }  System Support Programmer
 (  =l=ll===============__}  Computing & Telecomm. Services Centre
  \   _  (                   Hong Kong Baptist University
   \_/ \__)                  224 Waterloo Road, Hong Kong

2. How to execute Star Office on a remote system?

3. newbie help with starting an apache server...users outside local network cant find server.

4. WordPerfect 5.1???

5. CDE problems on laptop, cant find Cdrom Newbie

6. Linux Bridge problems with other UNIX machines

7. Red Hat Installer cant find my CDROM

8. Need help undestanding libc.so.3.0 -> libc.so.3.1 and libutil. Need a tech Guru probably :-)

9. Installation - cant find my CDROM

10. Help - sbpcd cant find my CDROM

11. Help! Redhat 6.0 cant find cdrom

12. IDE CDROM on SB16 - Cant' find the drive ?

13. AIX 4.* cant find on board standard SCSI on RS6000 - Model 370 ??