Help with Usenet install????

Post by Brian K Sau » Wed, 31 Mar 1993 06:08:43

We are students at Augustana College in Sioux Falls, SD and are
responsible for setting up Usenet News on our RS6000 for an info
systems class.

We are looking for source code for a Usenet News reader that has been
compiled on an RS6000 AIX system.  Inn has been recomended so that
is what we would prefer, but we are open to options since we are not
experienced Usenet News users.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian Sauer

Jerry Matzner

Help with Usenet install????

Post by Ronald S. Wo » Wed, 31 Mar 1993 14:38:41

Quite a few users here have posted success stories with INN on AIX
3.*, you should be able to find the source code for anonymous FTP on
ftp.uu.net in /networking/news/nntp/inn. It's the news transport
mechanism though, so you might want to pick up the source for the nn
and/or trn newreaders while you are there...

--
+------All Views Expressed Are My Own And Not Necessarily Shared By IBM-----+

1. trn help how to stop listing new usenet groups

Does anyone know how to stop trn from giving me a list of new usenet
groups to subsrcibe to?  I use the "N" command when it prompts to
add and it runs down the list.  But when I rerun trn again, the list
of new usenet groups to add is re presented to me.  Any help would
be appreciated.
.e

2. Linux community attitudes towards new users

3. help-usenet!

4. A QT problem!

5. PLEASE HELP: CDROMS AND USENET

6. Mitsumi Woes Continue :-)

7. HELP USENET/VAX QUESTION

8. running program at specific idle time

9. New to Usenet Help

10. Can't get Usenet news to work...help!

11. USENET help

12. No USENET on Linux network - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Which USENET group can help people with make utility?