DCE RPC for AIX

Post by Seb » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 21:09:06

Is DCE RPC included with AIX (4.3 in my case) or is do we have to buy it
separately ?

Does it contain a dce/rpc.h header file for example( containing
rpc_binding_vector_free(), etc  )

Thanks

DCE RPC for AIX

Post by joe bro » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 21:09:04

> Is DCE RPC included with AIX (4.3 in my case) or is do we have to buy it
> separately ?

> Does it contain a dce/rpc.h header file for example( containing
> rpc_binding_vector_free(), etc  )

> Thanks

AIX 4.2.x bundled the DCE client filesets only. As of AIX 4.3 the DCE must
be purchased separately, none of the DCE is bundled with the OS.

The current version of DCE for AIX is 3.1

joe

DCE RPC for AIX

Post by joe bro » Thu, 03 May 2001 00:06:45

> > Is DCE RPC included with AIX (4.3 in my case) or is do we have to buy it
> > separately ?

> > Does it contain a dce/rpc.h header file for example( containing
> > rpc_binding_vector_free(), etc  )

> > Thanks

> AIX 4.2.x bundled the DCE client filesets only. As of AIX 4.3 the DCE must
> be purchased separately, none of the DCE is bundled with the OS.

> The current version of DCE for AIX is 3.1

To correct myself PTF 4 or 5 of DCE 2.2 is on the AIX 4.3 CD set but the
base level filesets are not. These must be purchased separately.

joe

1. Comparison bet soap rpc, dce rpc and sun rpc

Hi,

We have some code that is to be serialized. The various ways that we
are thinking of doing is :
SOAP RPC
DCE RPC
SUN RPC

Would help if I could get a pointer to a site or a document that
compares these approaches.

Thanks and Regards,
M Shetty

2. problems with lockd/statd???

3. Help link Sun RPC and DCE RPC

4. Internal modems with Linux

5. DCE RPC vs ONC RPC

6. C program - Unix TCP/IP Server restart

7. How i cat insert handler to TCP stack?

8. Help link Sun RPC and DCE RPC

9. Is DCE RPC Interoperable with SUN RPC

10. Need help with rpc.statd and rpc.lockd messages (AIX 3.2)

11. DCE RPC 1.1

12. Pro's and Con's of RPC (ONC vs DCE)