C for AIX v3.1.4 and AIX v4.3.2

Post by Amarendra GODBO » Sat, 23 Jun 2001 19:59:51

Hello All,

I have installed AIX v4.3.2. Will xlC from the ``Software Development
Solutions for AIX Version 4'', CD1 work with it ?

Basically I need a C compiler to be installed on AIX v4.3.2. But I am
unable to do so. I gather there are also some licensing issues to be
handled. I am new to AIX.

Can someone shed some light on this topic. Ultimately, can I or cannot
I install a native C compiler on AIX v4.3.2 ? If yes, what version of
the C for AIX do I need ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
--amarendra

C for AIX v3.1.4 and AIX v4.3.2

Post by Gary R. Hoo » Sun, 24 Jun 2001 00:07:16

> Basically I need a C compiler to be installed on AIX v4.3.2. But I am
> unable to do so. I gather there are also some licensing issues to be
> handled. I am new to AIX.

> Can someone shed some light on this topic. Ultimately, can I or cannot
> I install a native C compiler on AIX v4.3.2 ? If yes, what version of
> the C for AIX do I need ?

At least 3.6, if it's still available.  You may need to go
to version 5 of the compiler.

The compiler is licensed.  You'll have to purchase it.

--
Gary R. Hook / AIX PartnerWorld for Developers / These opinions are MINE

C for AIX v3.1.4 and AIX v4.3.2

Post by Andreas Schlag » Sun, 24 Jun 2001 04:21:38

Quote:>[...]
>The compiler is licensed.  You'll have to purchase it.

Look at Bull's web-site, there's a SMIT installable for GNU gcc. Works good
on AIX.

Andy.

1. Install AIX V4.2.1 on H50 which installed AIX V4.3.2 already

It was found that the non-volatile memory corrupted after installing AIX
V4.2.1 on H50 which installed AIX V4.3.2 already (the machine cannot be
re-started and stopped at E1DC which was shown on the LED display).

Is there any method to downgrade the OS?

Many thanks!

Leo

2. MySQL Benchmarks for FreeBSD and Linux

3. Upgrading AIX from V3.2.5 to V4.3.2

4. [Q]

5. Difference beetwen Aix V3 and Aix V4

6. 2.5.50-BK + 24 CPUs

7. Differences between xlC v3.1.4 and 3.6.4 on AIX 4.3

8. openwin cannot load library

9. Please help with FTP problem with NCSA HTTPd v1.4.2 running on AIX v4.1.4

10. traceroute for AIX V3.1.6/3.2.x

11. SSH for AIX v4.3.2

12. AIX V4.3.2 Network License Manager (ifor_ls)

13. high vmstat "CS" values with Domino R5 on AIX v4.3.2