HELP! AIX, linux and X-windows problem

Post by xena.. » Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I posted the message below to a linux newsgroup but didn't get anywhere,
wondering if anyone else has a similar setup and has it working;

Ok, I have Red Hat Linux 6.0 on my machine at work.  I telnet into an
AIX machine and start up Arcserve.  Everything is fine until I try and
type in one of the dialog boxes.  Sometimes it takes it, sometimes the
cursor just sits there and nothing happens.  This also happens sometimes
with Netscape.  I'll be filling out forms, move to the next box and
bang, no more keyboard.  I can still go to terminal session etc and type
without problems.  Any ideas?  (I'm using Gnome and KDE and the problem
happens in both.)  Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Jan Van der Veke » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> I posted the message below to a linux newsgroup but didn't get anywhere,
> wondering if anyone else has a similar setup and has it working;

> Ok, I have Red Hat Linux 6.0 on my machine at work.  I telnet into an
> AIX machine and start up Arcserve.  Everything is fine until I try and
> type in one of the dialog boxes.  Sometimes it takes it, sometimes the
> cursor just sits there and nothing happens.  This also happens sometimes
> with Netscape.  I'll be filling out forms, move to the next box and
> bang, no more keyboard.  I can still go to terminal session etc and type
> without problems.  Any ideas?  (I'm using Gnome and KDE and the problem
> happens in both.)  Thanks!

Turn off your numlock. That should do it :)

Jan Van der Veken

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. Strobe Keyboard

3. HELP!!! I need RT AIX X-Windows help!!!

4. DLT tape with netvault on auspex systems

5. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

6. ARP table does not update

7. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

8. Read Only Filesystem

9. Problem with X-Windows while dualbooting Windows XP/Redhat Linux on laptop ?

10. Linux X-Windows problem...help please.

11. HELP !!! ----- Problem when start X-Windows in Linux

12. X-windows problem - can't move windows

13. Why does RedHat Linux 4 X-Windows try to look like Windows 95