modempool?

Post by joha » Mon, 19 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I wish to set up a modempool on my AIX-machine.
I have 6 external Courier 33,6kpbs modems...

Primarily these modems are for connections out from the
machine and not in...

Can anyone give some hint on this?
A terminal-software?
Do I need some extra harware...multiple serialports?...
Any links to "howtos" on this issue?

Rgrds
Johan

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

modempool?

Post by Thutupalli K Ramanatha » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Johan:

Normally 7013-5xx models will have 2 serial ports at the back and an F50
will have 3. It will be one less if you have connected an IBM3151 console.

So you will need to buy an 8-Port Async Card to connect 6 modems!

You can also use an IBM 7318 Terminal Server (this will be costly, but
provides expandability and reduces CPU load).

You can use "cu" command to dial out. Before that you need to configure your
"/etc/uucp/Devices" and "/etc/uucp/Systems" file. Check man pages for cu.

Good luck!
Ram
Singapore

Quote:> I wish to set up a modempool on my AIX-machine.
> I have 6 external Courier 33,6kpbs modems...

> Primarily these modems are for connections out from the
> machine and not in...

> Can anyone give some hint on this?
> A terminal-software?
> Do I need some extra harware...multiple serialports?...
> Any links to "howtos" on this issue?

> Rgrds
> Johan

> Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
> Up to 100 minutes free!
> http://www.keen.com

1. modempool for Solaris?

I got modempool, but I have the impression it is BSD-based. Does anyone know
about a Solaris-compliant version?

ciao, .mau.
--

 Drifting along on a cotton-wool cloud, dreaming of Drum Majorettes.

2. Apache & Cronolog

3. Need help with Modempool

4. windows

5. modempool on Sun

6. Difficulties to do a Redirect using .htaccess

7. modempool software usage question

8. how can find out : fork() or pthread_create()