a problem about pdt

Post by hechiy » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 17:09:35

hi,my friends,i met a problem and i don't know how to solve, Please give me
your answer and why you chose this answer,i am looking forward to get your
answer
Given the following output:
Device name: /dev/hd7
Major device number: 10
Minor device number: 9
Size: 40603648 bytes
Date/Time:Tue Nov 30 16:59:43 CST 1999
Dump status: -3
Dump crashed or did not start
All of the following LED codes could be associated with this system crash
except:
A. 888-102-300-0c0
B. 888-102-300-0c8
C. 888-102-700-0c4
D. 888-102-300-0c5

a problem about pdt

Post by Ronny Petterse » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 20:59:19

Quote:>hi,my friends,i met a problem and i don't know how to solve, Please give me
>your answer and why you chose this answer,i am looking forward to get your
>answer
>Given the following output:
>Device name: /dev/hd7
>Major device number: 10
>Minor device number: 9
>Size: 40603648 bytes
>Date/Time:Tue Nov 30 16:59:43 CST 1999
>Dump status: -3
>Dump crashed or did not start
>All of the following LED codes could be associated with this system crash
>except:
>A. 888-102-300-0c0
>B. 888-102-300-0c8
>C. 888-102-700-0c4
>D. 888-102-300-0c5

hehe... Are you trying to cheat yourself on one of the sample
certification tests or something?
Anyways, 0C0 indicates a successfull dump.....
http://www.rs6000.ibm.com/doc_link/en_US/a_doc_lib/aixprob/msgdnref/3...

-Ronny

1. PDT software errors ?

Everyday, for the past couple of weeks, PDT has been reporting this
message on two different machines:

  -  Software ERRORS; time to next error is 0.027 days

This drew my attention to errpt, so I checked errpt -a, and it was
reporting MBUF (Out of Buffers) problems with the token ring card. I
fixed that by upping the receive buffers on the card, but I'm still
getting that error message in my daily PDT report....

After fixing the token ring problem, I cleared the error log with
errclear, and haven't had any more messages in the log....but i still
get the PDT message.

Is PDT just playing tricks again?

Steven V.

2. Promise Ultra66 working, but IDE-DMA not ready for Prime Time

3. PDT

4. I want redhat linux

5. bad frames in PDT report?

6. Determine CPU time per process