How to mount AIX volume on Mac?

Post by gbeber.. » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know how I can mount an RS/6000 AIX volume as a Macintosh
server volume?  We are using AIX as our web server and development server
and would like our HTMLrs to be able to access and post files faster?

Thanks,

Gary

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Jens-Uwe Mag » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>Does anyone know how I can mount an RS/6000 AIX volume as a Macintosh
>server volume?  We are using AIX as our web server and development server
>and would like our HTMLrs to be able to access and post files faster?

Bias alert: I work there. But check out:

<http://www.helios.de/>

--
Jens-Uwe Mager  <pgp-mailto:62CFDB25>

How to mount AIX volume on Mac?

Post by John Hawkin » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

AIX connections should allow this.  I'm sure there's other packages also.

> Does anyone know how I can mount an RS/6000 AIX volume as a Macintosh
> server volume?  We are using AIX as our web server and development server
> and would like our HTMLrs to be able to access and post files faster?

> Thanks,

> Gary

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. How do I mount a Mac volume or export a partition to a Mac?

I've got netatalk installed on my Redhat 6.1 system and I can telnet
from the Mac to the Linux system and I can ping the Mac from the Linux
box so the boxes can see each other. However nothing shows up in the
chooser on the Mac and I haven't been able to do a mount of the Mac
shared folders on the Linux box. What protocol do I specify in
/etc/fstab to mount the Mac folder? I've tried both nfs which failed
with a "Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to receive" error, no surprise
there I don't think a Mac understands NFS, and I took a random shot by
trying atalk which got a "mount: fs type atalk not supported by kernel"
error.

boris:/misc/shared      /mnt/boris      atalk
user,exec,dev,suid,rw,noauto,rsize=1024,wsize=1024 0 0

Also what do I need to do so that the Linux box can serve files to the
Mac. I put the Mac's IP address in my hosts file and I included the Mac
in my /etc/exports file. What else do I need to do?

Thanks,

Josh

2. OkiPage 4w Plus in Linux

3. Linux <--> Mac Best way to mount NFS volume on a Mac or....?

4. RPC and HP-UX 10.20

5. Mounting Mac Volume

6. Gentoo Prelink Howto

7. How to mount a Mac volume on Linux?

8. RS/6000 C Program profiling

9. Mounting a Mac volume on Linux???

10. mounting aix volumes over dsl connection

11. Mounting an NTFS volume on an AIX system?

12. Mounting a mirrored Volume Group in AIX

13. Mounting a netware volume from aix 4.3.3