Suppressing Date,Time, File and Page Line from Printer Output

Suppressing Date,Time, File and Page Line from Printer Output

Post by Bra » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 05:40:57

I've managed to setup an AIX Printer Queue for our HP4000N (AIX
4.3.2).  Works fine.  The problem is that if we just want to print a
plain ASCII file to this network printer, the first line in every page
is the date, time, file, page number line, e.g.:

Mon Feb 24  11:30:34 EST 2003 /var/spool/qdaemon/tBg6Vic Page 1

Basically we need to suppress output of this line.  I do not see any
specific options under the smit printer queue setup commands which
would let us do this.

Anyone out there solve this or have any idea?

regards,
--- Brad Bennett

Post by Dwivi » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:56:05

> I've managed to setup an AIX Printer Queue for our HP4000N (AIX
> 4.3.2).  Works fine.  The problem is that if we just want to print a
> plain ASCII file to this network printer, the first line in every page
> is the date, time, file, page number line, e.g.:

> Mon Feb 24  11:30:34 EST 2003 /var/spool/qdaemon/tBg6Vic Page 1

> Basically we need to suppress output of this line.  I do not see any
> specific options under the smit printer queue setup commands which
> would let us do this.

What is the command you are using to print?  It would seem to me that
something is happening outside the print queueing system, since I
don't recognize that line....  But, we can figure this out fairly
easily.  This is what I need to see to help you out:

command used to print the file
stanzas from /etc/qconfig for this printer (there are two sets, one
for the queue, and one for the queue device, and they're right next to
each other).

I may need the colon file, but we'll see based on the above.

-dwiv (CATE/AIX)

1. date/time of a file compare with current date/time

Hi,

I hope i can drop my question about Linux shell programming here?

I'm writing a script in bash to find files. I'm using the slocate
programm, which is being runned every hour using a cron job, to create
it's database.

Now i want to know how long it is ago that the database has been
recreated. Zo i need to check the date and time from that file and
compare it with the current date and time. I know there must be easy to
do but i can't find the trick to do it.

Maikel van Gorkom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. De-Compiler Question?

3. Archiving files in "date folders" based on date and time file generated

4. Serial ports: hardware flow control (Linux)

5. Any utility can replace a label "DATE" in a file with `date output

6. Questions about the serial ports on a sparc 2

7. Need help on suppressing printer burst pages

8. DCE in HACMP environment

9. How to suppress header page on remote printer?

10. supressing printer banner page

11. System date and file dates not showing in same time zone

12. Printer Problem: Default page size resets after power outage on remote line printer

13. run time date and syslog date/time conflict