Can anyone help... problem i upgrade fron AIX 4.2 to 4.3

Can anyone help... problem i upgrade fron AIX 4.2 to 4.3

Post by vikas gupt » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 05:16:41

Hello...
we have a multithreaded code (using pthreads)
the code is working fine on 4.2
but on 4.3 after some time.. it says unable to create a new thread. i.e;

pthread_create(...)  returns 11 (which means either MAX no of threads
per
process has reached or lack of system resources..)

I am almost certain the reason is not the MAX no of threads reached...
but why this problem is in 4.3 only..

can someone help me out with this problem.

thanks in advance.

1. Problem : anyone aware of pthread related changes in AIX 4.3 from 4.2

Hello,

we have a multithreaded code (using pthreads)
the code is working fine on 4.2
but on 4.3 after some time.. it says unable to create a new thread.
pthread_create returns 11 (which means either MAX no of threads per
process has reached or lack of system resources..)

can someone help me out with this problem.

thanks in advance.

2. Installation problem w LinuxPPC

3. Need help! AIX 4.2 -> 4.3 upgrade

4. malloc() an indian giver?

5. is anyone aware of pthread related changes in AIX 4.3 from 4.2

6. CRON: /bin/bash: root: command not found

7. AIX Sendmail after 4.2 - 4.3 upgrade

8. 100 MBit Ethernet

9. Upgrade from AIX 4.2 to 4.3?

10. AIX 4.2 vs AIX 4.3

11. pthreads AIX 4.2 --> AIX 4.3

12. Good GUI designer under AIX 4.2 AIX 4.3

13. Upgrading from 4.2 to 4.3