connecting RS6000 to IBM mainframe

Post by Neil Lindsay Harp » Tue, 02 Feb 1993 12:12:18

I'm connecting to a mainframe from our rs6000 using smit and hcon and the
application programing interface. I'm using api/3270 so that from the
rs6000 I can logon to an IMS session and send and recieve data to and from
the screen.

So, I start a session, lets call it "b" using the e789 b command.
Then from my C program I link into that session and send characters at it.

This works fine.

But what if I want several users to link into this same session.

I could create a new session for each user each time they want to do somthing
on the mainframe. However the login and getting to the particular application
on the mainframe that I want to get to can be very time consuming.

The ideal solution would to have the one session that is always logged
into the application. When ever a user wants to do somthing they just
link into that session.

Basically, what I want to know is if multiple users can link into the same
hcon session and if so how do you do it ????

1. connecting AIX to RS6000 to BIM mainframe

hello fellow netters,

we need to know if anyone has connected their RS/6000 to an IBM mainframe
using AIX 3270 Host Connection Program.
if so, what kind of problems did you have?
what problems still exist with it?

we would also like to here from the successful people too.

thanks.

--

Conley, Canitano, & Assoc. Inc.          | not in any way relect those of my
25201 Chagrin Blvd. Ste. 390             | employer, even if they like them and

2. Problems accessing home pages with NCSA httpd 1.5.1

3. Need help to connect PC to IBM RS6000/370 via modem

4. could someone take a look at this.

5. IBM RS6000 43P-100 , looking to buy a used RS6000 machine

6. can't get Netscape, or any other internet apps to work

7. Free Trial of Linux on IBM zSeries Mainframe

8. Console problems

9. Security Proportional to Risk (was: IBM Mainframe at home)

10. Free Access to Linux on IBM zSeries Mainframe

11. IBM mainframe to UNIX print spool

12. UNIX for IBM mainframe???

13. SNA: RS/6000 <-> IBM mainframe