PS/2 AIX and 3Com 3c523 ethernet board

Post by Jim Simmo » Sun, 29 Sep 1991 05:04:05

I've been trying to install version 1.2.1 of AIX for the PS/2 on a model
80 with a 3Com 3c523 ethernet board and haven't been able to get TCP/IP
work.  I installed TCP/IP following the instructions in the manual,
then installed the 3c523 driver in /usr/nifl/3com (following the
instructions in the README file).  Everything appears to install
correctly, but it doesn't work when I reboot.

I am able to ping using the loopback connection or my local ethernet
address, but can't get to anything on the network.  Also, I'm getting
a bunch of messages saying:

   kernel: elmcrint: bad LLC control field 0

in /usr/adm/messages.

Has anyone been able to get this combination to work correctly with
version 1.2.1?

Thanks in advance...

1. Using a 3com ethernet board in a PS/2 model 80 with AIX 1.2?

Is anybody running succesfully with a 3com ethernet board on a PS/2 model 80
running AIX 1.2?  After following the manual to the point (except not using
an Ungerman Bass board), 'ifconfig net0' or 'netconfig net0' both return
"no such device or address".  Maybe I didn't follow it exactly to the point...

Any clues?
--

ORACLE Corporation    Path:   uunet!orcenl!bengsig

            "Stepping in others footsteps, doesn't bring you ahead"

2. How do i partition my HD/EZ for Linux

3. 3c523 ethernet board installation

4. CD boot bootstrap with initrd - how ?

5. 3Com 3C523 Ethernet Card

6. On AIX 4.3.3, xterm doesn't support alt/meta; can't use rxvt as replacement

7. PS2/70, 3COM 3C523, RS6K/AIX3.2, PC-NFS hangs few times a day

8. The splitting of bandwidth

9. 3Com 3c523 Etherlink/MC support

10. 3c523 and SCSI on ps/2 mod 57

11. 3Com 3C509B-TPO Ethernet Board Not Recognized

12. 3COM 505 ethernet board (timeouts)

13. Solaris 7 Intel and PCMCIA Ethernet board (3Com or Xircom)