driver link error

Post by hab.. » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Getting an undefined symbol during linking of a driver.  The symbol
is ._ptrgl
The line that appears to cause it is
  (*function_ptr)();
where function_ptr is a variable defined as follows

typedef void (*VFP)(void);
VFP function_ptr;

Any suggestions as to a fix or workaround would be greatly
appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

driver link error

Post by Gary R. Hoo » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> Getting an undefined symbol during linking of a driver.  The symbol
> is ._ptrgl
> The line that appears to cause it is
>   (*function_ptr)();
> where function_ptr is a variable defined as follows

> typedef void (*VFP)(void);
> VFP function_ptr;

> Any suggestions as to a fix or workaround would be greatly
> appreciated.

ptrgl.o is in libc.a.  If you're linking a device driver (i.e. some
module to be loaded into the kernel) then link against -lcsys.
You'll find libcsys.a in bos.adt.syscalls.

--
Gary R. Hook / AIX Kernel Development, IBM / These opinions are _MINE_
A piece of canvas is only the beginning