DB2/6000 on AIX 4.1.4

Post by Jeffrey M. Silberbe » Thu, 14 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I am lloking for some one who has used the DB2/6000 product as a
server base and MicroSoft ACCESS with ODBC as a reporting tool. I
have a customer who wants to store about 8Meg in monthly transactions
into a system, and then go pull Week to date / Month to date / Quarter
to date / and Year to date data with Microsoft Access from the repository
on the RS/6000 and produce reports.

So I am looking for any real users who might have done something like this
and would be willing to share for all the experiences via the News Group.

Thanks in advance !!
Jeff Silberberg

DB2/6000 on AIX 4.1.4

Post by Nigel Ha » Thu, 14 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I have a setup kind of similar to that, but not quite. We're using
DataJoiner on AIX which runs on DB2/6000 v1.2. We're storing data in
Informix rather than DB2 but if you have any connectivity questions I
might be able to help out. I know CAE can be a pain in the rear to install
if that's any help :*)

Nigel

> I am lloking for some one who has used the DB2/6000 product as a
> server base and MicroSoft ACCESS with ODBC as a reporting tool. I
> have a customer who wants to store about 8Meg in monthly transactions
> into a system, and then go pull Week to date / Month to date / Quarter
> to date / and Year to date data with Microsoft Access from the repository
> on the RS/6000 and produce reports.

> So I am looking for any real users who might have done something like this
> and would be willing to share for all the experiences via the News Group.

> Thanks in advance !!
> Jeff Silberberg

1. DB2/6000 on a PPC604

Hi!

I've heard rumors about a PTF that needs to be applied to an AIX 4 on
a PPC604 processor if one appreceates correct handling of timestamps.

I don't have the number of this PTF but since AIX-versions grow with
the PTF's applied I obviously can't check the PTF's applied to AIX
before the current version.

So I need information which PTF's are needed for running DB2/6000 on a
PPC604 CPU (J40 w/4 CPUs) or likewise which version of AIX is needed.

We are running AIX 4.1.4.0 on this machine with DB2 2.1.1. No further
PTF's have been applied.

Regards,
        Volker.

2. Linux on IBM RS6000

3. DB2/6000 Web Enabled Admin Tools ?

4. Problems with Kate text editor

5. Coexistence of AIX PS/2 and AIX/6000

6. what shall I do to continue install DDD on my machine?

7. mounting a fs on a 6000 server to a 6000 wrkst !!!!!! ! ! ! ! ! !

8. x86 problems (Is Win95 the better solution)

9. redirecting localhost:6000 -> other:6000

10. RS/6000 error msgs (Was: Re: RS/6000 survey - will post summary)

11. What is the significance of 6000 in RS/6000?

12. FS: IBM RS/6000 Risc System/6000 SERVER POWERSTATION currently at $49.00

13. Fonts for InfoExplorer on RS/6000 (was: Re: Font problems on RS/6000 running X11R5)