Sending internet mail through a proxy server

Sending internet mail through a proxy server

Post by Chris Broschar » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone ever setup their aix mail to mail internet mail through MS Proxy
server? I added hosts=local to my netsvc.conf file to be able to send mail
to our exchange server and modified the sendmail configuration file to send
all internet mail through the proxy but the mail winds up undeliverable.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Sending internet mail through a proxy server

Post by Andy Hels » Sun, 04 Jul 1999 04:00:00

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:27:05 -0400, "Chris Broschard"

>Has anyone ever setup their aix mail to mail internet mail through MS Proxy
>server? I added hosts=local to my netsvc.conf file to be able to send mail
>to our exchange server and modified the sendmail configuration file to send
>all internet mail through the proxy but the mail winds up undeliverable.
>Does anyone have any ideas?

what exactly is the problem?  Post a sample header here so we can see.
You may find that forwarding/relaying has been disabled on Exchange
server and its therefore rejecting the email.  It could be a
reversenamelookup failure too...
Andy

--
Remove your brain to reply