AIXTERM error

Post by pk.. » Sun, 10 Mar 1991 01:53:36

I don't know if this is a previously discussed problem
but I didn't see it in the FAQs so I'm asking (possibly again).

I am getting an odd error on the console every time
someone closes a window on their xstation.

aixterm: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.

This is on RS 6000s running AIX.

Has anyone else se this or know of a fix????

Pat King

AIXTERM error

Post by Bjorn Svavarsson/1000 » Fri, 15 Mar 1991 18:36:25

>I am getting an odd error on the console every time
>someone closes a window on their xstation.
>aixterm: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
>This is on RS 6000s running AIX.
>Has anyone else se this or know of a fix????

Yes I have seen this. I got it all the time when I was running PTF 3001,
but haven't seen it since I updated to 3003.
--
Bjorn Svavarsson, Institute of Lexicography  Tel. 354-1-694438

101 Reykjavik, ICELAND             UUCP:     ..!mcsun!isgate!rhi!lexis!bjorn
--
Bjorn Svavarsson, Institute of Lexicography  Tel. 354-1-694438

101 Reykjavik, ICELAND             UUCP:     ..!mcsun!isgate!rhi!lexis!bjorn

1. changing font and size of AIXterm window

I have had a Model 355 for two weeks and I still cannot figure out how to
get a readable AIXterm window on my 16" console. The default font is just
too small. The System User's Guide (page 4-34) gives an example of specifying
a font in the .Xdefaults file. But the font it specifies is even worse than
the default, and the Guide does not tell me what other fonts are available
or how to find them. Many frustrating hours with InfoExplorer have also
proved fruitless.

Any hints would be appreciated.

2. NE2000

3. Termcap Entry for aixterm? Also Mail hangs...

4. "probing found some type of ps/2 mouse on port psaux"

5. IBM, aixterm, vi

6. net boot problem

7. Key mapping from Sun4 terminal to AIXterm

8. Will FreeBSD run functionally on Fujitsu Lifebook E 5140 ?

9. Writing to AIXTERM Status Line

10. Pop up windows & HFT/aixterm problems

11. aixterm window disappearing

12. more problems with AIXTERM and AIX 3.2

13. aixterm keyboard mapping