Tektronix emulation in aixterm

Post by Jack Le » Thu, 01 Nov 1990 21:10:29

Could someone remind me of the (undocumented) option on aixterm (AIX v3)
which supports Tektronix 4010 or 4014 emulation. I seem to remember reading
that -v would do the trick, but this doesn't seem to work.

Jack Levy (University College London Computer Centre)

Post by jsalte » Fri, 02 Nov 1990 08:12:40

>Could someone remind me of the (undocumented) option on aixterm (AIX v3)
>which supports Tektronix 4010 or 4014 emulation. I seem to remember reading
>that -v would do the trick, but this doesn't seem to work.

aixterm -t

I don't know what sort of Tektronix emulation this is supposed to provide,
but that's the right option.

Don't expect this to hang around in any later releases.

>Jack Levy (University College London Computer Centre)

jim/jsalter  IBM AWD, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427   VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ

  PS/2 it, or DIE!  :-)  The ramblings above have nothing to do with Big Blue.

1. aixterm tektronix emulation - busted on 3.2

Re: the discussion on aixterm undocmuented flag -t for tektronix
emulation.

On 3.2, this flag will open an aixterm, large window, white background
with a PALE yellow forground cursor.

You are unable to type within this window, but if you hold
control and press button two on the mouse, you will get the
"TEKTRONIX" control box for font selection, page, reset and hardcopy
selections.

However, regardless of focus, you cannot type within this window, and it
appears useless.  The only way I can kill the window is with the window
manager pulldown and close the window, or via the "quit" selction on
control-button-1 popup.

This is on an IBM X-station 120 running IBM release 4 server (bootfile1)
6091 display 2MB video, 3.5MB processor memory, to 6000 running 3.2 on
a model 540 system.  No Xdefaults file, just to make sure I was not
overriding something.

Looks busted to me.
--
Mark Whetzel     My comments are my own, not my company's.
Western Geophysical - A division of Western Atlas International,

VOICE: (713) 963-2544              UUNET address:  uunet!airgun!markw

2. Input variables in UNIX aliases

3. Colour Tektronix emulation on Linux?

4. Older version of FreeBSD

5. Tektronix emulation with telnet

6. How do you log absolutely ALL ftp and telnet and logings?

7. Tektronix Emulation in Xterm

8. aha152x more data than expected fix.

9. aixterm features on PC-based X-emulation?

10. changing font and size of AIXterm window

11. Tektronix boot FILE needed !

12. Tektronix Emulators

13. Termcap Entry for aixterm? Also Mail hangs...