One printer queue for two printers???

Post by Alan Russel » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 04:44:20

If I add a second printer to a queue, will he files be printed on both
printers or just one???

One printer queue for two printers???

Post by LAIX Software Consultin » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:02:52

If you add another printer (device) to the queue, you will end up with
something like this in /etc/qconfig:

qname:
    device = device1,device2
device1:
device2:

When you send a job to the queue, the job will always go to device1 unless
device1 is busy/down.  If device1 is busy/down then the job will print to
device2.  The job will not print on both.

Best regards,
Paul

Quote:> If I add a second printer to a queue, will he files be printed on both