kermit script to send file on aix

Post by pd.. » Wed, 07 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to write a kermit script that will dial into a unix (AIX)
box, send a file to the unix box and execute a few unix commands on the
box (i.e., tar, cd, etc).

I am able to dial in and send the file, but when I try to execute the
commands, they end up executing on my side, not on the box I am dialing
into.

Do I need to run Kermit server on the box I am dialing into?  If so, how
do I start it and then escape back to my script?

I am on AIX boxes (4.3.2) and using C-Kermit 6.0.192, 6 Sep 96, for IBM
AIX 4.

thanks in advance

Paul

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Post by Bob Shai » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> I am trying to write a kermit script that will dial into a unix (AIX)
> box, send a file to the unix box and execute a few unix commands on
> the box (i.e., tar, cd, etc).

Better place to ask this would be comp.protocols.kermit.misc

--
Bob Shair
Open Systems Consulting

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Kermit file transfers disconnecting on AIX 4.3.3

  We recently moved to an AIX 4.3.3 system from 4.2.1.  Kermit used to work
fine for file transfers over dial-up lines, but now the terminal session is
disconnected right after you issue a SEND or RECEIVE command.  You get a
notification like

        Return to your local Kermit and give a SEND command.

and then you're logged out.  I tried "gkermit" and it works ok.

  Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone?

            | 494-3332     | University Computing & Information Services
                           | Dalhousie University, Halifax, N.S., Canada

2. Boot Disk

3. AIX Script: Does anyone know how to load a tape using aix script

4. modem share ?

5. how to send file as attachement from AIX.4.3.3

6. looking for an used forte dev. 6 license...

7. Q:How to take streamed input & send to a file in a bsh script?

8. Creating user accounts in sun machines

9. Script to checking a file existence then send an email to myself.

10. how to send an e-mail to a process or script by aliases file

11. How do I send a hyper link to a file from mail script?

12. Sending e-mail with attached file form script

13. help... sending file names to a script