DDS3 on a 4GB drive

Post by Manoj Pati » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 18:53:38

Hi !
Can I read a DDS3 tape written by a DDS3 tape drive
on a 4GB 4mm drive

DDS3 on a 4GB drive

Post by John Agne » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 21:51:45

No you will need a DDS3 or DDS4 drive to read the tape.

> Hi !
> Can I read a DDS3 tape written by a DDS3 tape drive
> on a 4GB 4mm drive

1. DDS3 reading on a 4GB drive

Hi !
I have a DDS3 tape cartridge and a 4GB 4mm tape drive (IBM part no
21H5154)
The drive does not sense this cartridge.
Does this mean that DDS3 cartridges cannot be read on this tape drive.
Are there any tweaks that can enable reading....

Regards
Manoj Patil

2. UNIX SERVER

3. Large SCSI hard drive and partitions (4GB drive)

4. Problems with Zip Plus Drive

5. Q. Does the Sun Ulta 450 's tape drive an HP DDS3 support high density ?

6. Netra ip forwarding not working

7. Using HP DAT24e DDS3 Drive with Sun Workstation

8. SPEC benchmarks for PC164SX/1M?

9. DDS3 and DDS4 tapes in a DDS2 tape drive??

10. Linux and DDS3 Tape Drive

11. DDS3 dat drives

12. AIX 4.1.4 with 4mm DDS3 tape drives

13. DDS3 in a DDS4 drive?