Announcing C-Kermit 7.0 and G-Kermit 1.00

Announcing C-Kermit 7.0 and G-Kermit 1.00

Post by Frank da Cr » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

After 3+ years of development, C-Kermit 7.0 is released, replacing
version 6.0 from 1996.  You can find the new release at:

  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckermit.html

The web page lists and explains all the new features and contains
download links.

AIX-specific changes include:

 . AIX is now considered a non-memory-constrained platform.
 . X.25 networking is supported on systems with AIXLink/X.25.
 . UUCP port locking is now done using the native AIX ttylock() API
 . Kerberos security (USA only due to export laws)

We have up-to-date binaries for Power Series with AIX 4.1.3, 4.3.2, and
4.3.3.  We don't have any up-to-date binaries for AIX on other platforms
(PS/2, RT PC, 370 or 390 mainframe), nor do we have a binary with X.25
support built in, nor for any pre-4.1 AIX versions.  If anybody can make
the needed binaries, please let me know so I can add them to the archive.

Bonus: Anticipating the groans from those who find C-Kermit 7.0, like
every new software release, bigger than its predecessors, there is now
also a new "mini Kermit" for AIX and other UNIXes, called G-Kermit.
You can find it here:

  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/gkermit.html

If you can make G-Kermit binaries for any platforms that don't already
have them, please let me know (I have G-Kermit AIX binaries for AIX
3.2.0, 4.1.1, and 4.3.2, all on RS6000/PowerPC).

Thanks!

- Frank

1. Announcing C-Kermit 7.0 and G-Kermit 1.00

C-Kermit 7.0 is released.  You can find it here:

  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckermit.html

Since, like many long-lived software programs, it has grown larger
with age, it is also accompanied by a new "mini Kermit", which you
can find here:

  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckermit.html

- Frank

2. Adding VirtualHost to Apache without restart

3. neat NUKE NT animation

4. Announcing C-Kermit 7.0

5. X-terminal Hewlett Packard C3230A

6. Announce: C-Kermit 7.0

7. Q: video driver for MATROX MGA IMP+

8. Announcing C-Kermit 7.0

9. Info-Kermit Digest V2 #9, C-Kermit Release #2