rembak -T flag question

Post by Kate Julif » Tue, 02 May 2000 04:00:00

What is the difference between the time out as specified in
typeset         piorlfb_rbflags=""              # rembak flags
in /usr/lib/lpd/pio/etc/piorlfb

and the time outs as set in /etc/qconfig

for remote queues

Which time out takes precedence?

Also in the man pages for rembak the -T option is in minutes and
everywhere else in seconds....

Also can anyone  tell me a good AIX text on printers? I am only
interested in remote printers.

Thanks in advance,

Kate

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

rembak -T flag question

Post by burningchr.. » Tue, 02 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> What is the difference between the time out as specified in
> typeset         piorlfb_rbflags=""              # rembak flags
> in /usr/lib/lpd/pio/etc/piorlfb

> and the time outs as set in /etc/qconfig

> for remote queues

qconfig is normally used to set the timeout... not that you couldn't
modify piorlfb... but I've never known anyone who did.

Quote:> Which time out takes precedence?

> Also in the man pages for rembak the -T option is in minutes and
> everywhere else in seconds....

> Also can anyone  tell me a good AIX text on printers? I am only
> interested in remote printers.

There isn't a lot you can do to remote printers without getting
pretty far afield.  The options are very limited.

IBM has a "Printing for fun..." paper.  Most of it doesn't
apply to remote printers... if you looked at the smitty panel
for remote printers, that's about it.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

rembak -T flag question

Post by LAIX Software Consultin » Wed, 03 May 2000 04:00:00

Putting -T60 in /etc/qconfig is fine if your backend program is "rembak"
in the qconfig file.  However, if your backend is piorlfb instead of
rembak, -T60 isn't a valid command-line flag for piorlfb.  It must
therefore be put into piorlfb in the rembak flags section, such that
when piorlfb calls rembak to send the formatted print job to the
printer, it calls rembak with the -T60 flag.  Piorlfb has the basic
function of calling piobe to format the print job, then call rembak to
send the formatted print job.  So, if the command to send a print job to
the server is:
rembak -T60 -S serverName -P qname  /some/file

Then what piorlfb does is equivalent to:

rembak -T60 -S serverName -P qname /tmp/formatted_file_$$
rm /tmp/formatted_file_$$

Best regards,
Paul

> What is the difference between the time out as specified in
> typeset         piorlfb_rbflags=""              # rembak flags
> in /usr/lib/lpd/pio/etc/piorlfb

> and the time outs as set in /etc/qconfig

> for remote queues

> Which time out takes precedence?

> Also in the man pages for rembak the -T option is in minutes and
> everywhere else in seconds....

> Also can anyone  tell me a good AIX text on printers? I am only
> interested in remote printers.

> Thanks in advance,

> Kate

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. hp-ux C compiler flags vs hp-aix C compiler flags

Cheers,
ON hp-ux C compiler:
$  cc +z -c orashell.c
$ ld -b -o orashell.so orashell.o
I want to do the same in a hp-aix C compiler:
PROBLEM--
1)on aix C compiler the cc +z flag is not recognized.
2)on aix ld command, flags -b and -o are not recognized.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Arturo

2. Disaster Recovery with ADSM and an IBM 3494 ATL - Automated Tape Library

3. rembak timeout parameters

4. FVWM 2.0

5. performance of rembak

6. best shell???

7. /tmp/rembak* files - what makes them?

8. Setting a environment parameter $ $CLASSPATH=$VBROKERDIR/lib/vbcdev.jar

9. rembak & lpd linux successful?

10. rembak: errno = 79:

11. Replacing rembak (HPLJ4 & friends)

12. Printing fra Aix through a NT box to a line printer unseing rembak

13. HELP: rembak error 0781-228 can't remote print to SCO 5.0.2