Tape restore to different Directory?

Post by Adam Walke » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Out of curiosity, how do I restore to another location?  On other unix
boxes I would just use the "A" option to ignore absolute path ie:
cpio -vicdumAB blah blah < blahtape

thanks,
adam

Tape restore to different Directory?

Post by Daniel Packm » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Out of curiosity, how do I restore to another location?  On other unix
>boxes I would just use the "A" option to ignore absolute path ie:
>cpio -vicdumAB blah blah < blahtape

The posix replacement for tar and cpio is "pax"
This should work similarly on different platforms.

  pax -rvs ',//*usr//*,,' < archive.file

strips off the /usr and restores relative to the current location.