Remote Login Error

Post by ??à?á » Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi ! Everybody.

I got following message.

"3004-306 Remote logins are not allowed for this account."

So, I can access this server at only console.

Please, Help ME !!!

Remote Login Error

Post by Udo Beckman » Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

login as root and try

# smitty chuser

You will be asked for the userid to change. A mask will appear showing
all the attributes of the user selected. Now look for a line like "User
can login remotely?". Set the corresponding value to "true"

OR

edit /etc/security/user and search for the users stanza, i.e. something
like

halley:
  admin = false
  rlogin = false

and change "rlogin = false" to "rlogin = true".

In case there is no "rlogin = false" (i.e. the "default:" stanza is
taken, simply add a new line "rlogin = true". In older version of AIX an
additional attribute "telnet" was used. You might want to change this
too.

HTH

Udo

> Hi ! Everybody.

> I got following message.

> "3004-306 Remote logins are not allowed for this account."

> So, I can access this server at only console.

> Please, Help ME !!!

Remote Login Error

Post by Norman Lev » Thu, 04 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Hi ! Everybody.

> I got following message.

> "3004-306 Remote logins are not allowed for this account."

> So, I can access this server at only console.

> Please, Help ME !!!

Check /etc/security/user and look at either the
defaults stanza or the specific user stanza.
There may be an attribute set: "rlogin = false"
This disables rlogin and telnet for that user
or all (in defaults).

--
Norman Levin
vm/dynAmIX inc.