Default Gateway

Post by AIX Admin » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi there,

I am using my AIX machine as a DHCP client, I need to define a
default gateway entry so that whenever my machine boots up it is
added to routing table automatically, what is required for it.
Do I need to start the gated daemon for it and configure
the /etc/gateways file for it or there is some other file in
which I define this entry so that it comes automatically when
the machine boots up. I want to know the standard way for it?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Salman

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Post by AIX Admin » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

One more thing, I have tried vainly to configure the default
router in /etc/rc.net command, I dont know the reason but If I
try to define it in rc.net then in log file, which
is /tmp/rc.net.out it gives the error message as
writing to routing socket: Network unreachable
Gateway address net:0 gateway $Address :Network is unreachable
ioctl returens 70.

However after startup if I give the same route add command to
add the default gateway then it makes the default gateway
without any error.

Is there some other file to do it.

Regards

Salman