How to setup a NIM Server?

Post by UNAC » Sun, 11 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Any know how to setup a NIM server or is there any where I can get some
reference.

Thanks for the Help.

Regards TOHSH

How to setup a NIM Server?

Post by Larry Garret » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Try  www.redbooks.ibm.com/index.html

> Hi,

> Any know how to setup a NIM server or is there any where I can get some
> reference.

> Thanks for the Help.

> Regards TOHSH

How to setup a NIM Server?

Post by Matthew S. Cro » Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:00:00

How about the documentation:

http://www.rs6000.ibm.com/doc_link/en_US/a_doc_lib/aixins/aixnimgd/to...

>Any know how to setup a NIM server or is there any where I can get some
>reference.

>Thanks for the Help.

1. NIM question - Install 4.3.3 from a 5.1 NIM server

Hi All,

I have a NIM master currently running at 4.3.3. All of my nim clients
are currently at 4.3.3 also. Now, I have a need to install a 5.1
client, so I'm looking to upgrade my NIM master to 5.1 first in order
to be able to use NIM to install the 5.1 client.

My question is whether or not I will continue to be able to install
4.3.3 clients from the upgraded 5.1 NIM master? I'm going to get them
all to 5.1 eventually, but in the meantime, I need to be able to
install 4.3.3 via NIM as part of my disaster recovery plan.

Any thoughts? Should it work? Thanks in advance for any help or
direction.

Sincerely,
Don Whitlow

2. Scripting on Unix

3. NIM client fails to read tftpboot block 1 - cancels NIM bosinst

4. Linux on the Linea?

5. Trying to setup a NIM Master with 2 networks.

6. Generating fixed data

7. NIM setup

8. swap

9. Hoe to copy multi CD's to NIM server

10. Documentation CD on NIM server

11. NFS mount of NIM server directory, not all subdirectories showing.

12. Upgrading to AIX 5.1 using a 4.3.3 NIM server

13. Backup NIM-Server complete?