cc message error.

Post by ham.. » Fri, 05 Mar 1993 08:16:11

I have just gone from 3.1 -> 3.2, and am new at AIX, and have a problemw ith
the c compiler (cc) saying

% cc hello.c
Error occurred while initializing the message system in file: xlcsmsg.cat

It does however generate an a.out file. Whats wrong? And how do I fix it. (Oh
if only AIX had a list common errors).

--
+------------------+  Hamish Marson, Computer Science, University of Waikato

+------------------+  Disclaimer:  Remember, you heard it here first!

Of all the strange "crimes" that human beings have legislated out of nothing,
 "blasphemy" is the most amazing--with "obscenity" and "indecent exposure"
 fighting it out for second and third place.
                                        -- Lazarus Long

1. cc compiler error message

I'm trying to compile a program on Solaris 2.5.1 with cc compiler
version SC2.0.1

The error message I'm receiving is:

Aborting(99)...
cc: codegen failed for main.c

Can anybody help me decipher it??

Thanks in advance!

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. download

3. An Error message got from AIX CC compiler

4. PATCH: document user access functions

5. Error messages for CC

6. How do I add applications to the wm popup

7. Error message continuous error messages

8. Password Line Won't Take Information

9. Compiler Error: cc: Error: sockopt.c, line 319 -On Tru64 UNIX V 4.0g

10. Generating additional warning messages in cc

11. How2 redirect cc messages to file?

12. Error Message of Message Queue

13. strange error messages in message log