password policy and yppasswd

Post by Bernhard Erdman » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:42:20

Hi,

is there a way to enforce a particular password policy (i.e. 8 chars
minimum etc.) though using yppasswd to change it on AIX as a NIS client?

1. change password policy to accept very simple passwords

Hello,

I run RedHat 9.0 on my home PC so it is not necessary to use a complex
password. But the default password policy prohibits me from setting a
password less than 6 characters or not containing enough different
characters.

How can I disable or change this strict password policy?

thanks!

2. vi substitution - need help with expression

3. yppasswd and MD5 passwords

4. httpdlite & imqsmdem

5. yppasswd that forces good passwords??

6. 3C905B and RH 5.0 Installation.

7. yppasswd problem - Error while changing the NIS password

8. HELP! I can't configure Sol 7 (x86) TCP/IP??

9. yppasswd will not change password

10. Problems changing user passwords with yppasswd

11. cannot change password using yppasswd

12. Matrox Mystique ands X.

13. Samba: Password Policy?