How do I switch core dump format on AIX 4.3 to pre-430 style ?

How do I switch core dump format on AIX 4.3 to pre-430 style ?

Post by Tor Anderse » Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:39:56

Hello,
I need to get a stack trace from a core dump, using adb on the core file.
I get the following message when trying to do so :

warning : adb does not support the aix 4.3 core file format . Change core
dump format to dump in the pre-430 style.

That is all very well, but HOW do I change the core dump format on that
machine ?

Thanks

Tor Andersen

How do I switch core dump format on AIX 4.3 to pre-430 style ?

Post by Alex Robinso » Thu, 26 Apr 2001 23:31:16

Tor,

Or run 'smitty chgsys', for the lazy man's way.

Regards,
Alex Robinson