need full screen app run as cronjob

Post by J?rg Amma » Tue, 25 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,
I need to run a full-screen app as cron job. normally it's an
interactive program, but the backup can be automated by a
recorded-macro. Could be automated . . if I could manage to start the
program as cronjob.
I tried to invoke an aixterm with the "-e" option. The answer was "no
terminal attached to the process".
Is there a way to invoke the program with a pseudo-terminal
(hft-like).
I'm not interested in the terminal-output, just to make the program
happy.
By the way: it's NAVISION 3.52 on AIX 4.3 I'm talking about.

thanx in advance.

1. Run an App Full Screen in X

I'm trying to run an appication full screen on X startup after I login.
Is there a paramater, such as -fullscreen that would do it (similiar to
the -geometry setting)?

If not, what are the -geometry settings for a full screen app at
800x600?  I've tried quite a few settings but I cannot get it right.

Thanks,

--Brian

2. Problem getting NIC installed

3. How can I run a full screen app instead of the desktop?

4. ISP-Hookup-HOWTO missing parts!

5. Need to run cronjob on the last sunday of the month.

6. how to link

7. screen: going from split screen to full screen mode

8. Free Solaris 2.x Admin guide and FAQ site

9. Full screen apps

10. Lauching apps at full screen in fvwm2 ?

11. MPlayer runs slow on full screen

12. /usr full need to install rpms to /apps instead how??