printing barcodes from aix spooler

Post by Jean-Marc BOUCHE » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

hi all,

I need to print barcodes from an Aix 4.3.3 spooler

How to deal with ?

regards

JMB

Jean-Marc BOUCHER         Tel   : +33 (0)2 97 88 02 02
    SYDEL R&D             Fax   : +33 (0)2 97 37 41 06

                          http://www.sydel.com

printing barcodes from aix spooler

Post by John Jaszcza » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> hi all,

> I need to print barcodes from an Aix 4.3.3 spooler

> How to deal with ?

> regards

> JMB

> --
> Jean-Marc BOUCHER         Tel   : +33 (0)2 97 88 02 02

The printing of barcodes consists of sending unique string identifiers to a
bardoce enabled printer. There should be no impact on the spooler as the
codes are viewed as additional data.

-JAZZ

1. What TCP port is used for AIX printing to print server via spooler?

I have an AIX v4 system with a remote location connected via a DSL
connection and a router. I want to map the appropriate port on the router to
a print server and configure a spooled printer to print to the router IP
address which would be forwarded to the printer. Can somebody tell me what
TCP port is used for TCP/IP printing to a print server or how to set it? Any
info or pointers to this info would be appreciated. I am heavily an SCO Unix
guy with some AIX experience setting up serial printers via SMIT, but I
would like info on configuring slave printers and network printers. Thanks!

2. WinTV problems with changing channel & Aureal chipset

3. uniVerse spooler to AIX spooler

4. Is there a better way to find the available disk space from a C program

5. Are there *real* print spoolers/managers for AIX?

6. kernel update

7. AIX 3.2 Print Spooler and non-IBM X terminals

8. Pentium Pro compatibility

9. Aix Print Spooler

10. Print Spooler on AIX 3.2

11. wanted: hooks for remote printing from AIX PS/2 to BSD lp spooler

12. Wit's end question -- files go to print spooler and are never printed

13. "cancel (print-job)" jams spooler from printing other docs???