C20 won't reconize Baracuda drive

Post by WB3KUM/ » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

We are trying to install 2 Seagate ST15150N Baracuda drivrs in a IBM
RS6000-c20.  However the system won't reconize that these drives are
installed.  I am having the same problem installing them in an old Intel
Express server.  Has anyone done this?  I don't see any problem, they
seem to work fine in our DEC Alpha 400 Server.

Many thanks in advance

Dennis

C20 won't reconize Baracuda drive

Post by Urban A. Haa » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Dennis,

Are you sure you're not mixing SCSI standards between the drive and the
controller, (i.e. SCSI-2 Single-Ended, SCSI-2 Differential, Ultra-SCSI
SE/DE, etc.)?

That might be causing the problem.

--
Urban A. Haas
CEO - Urban Technology, Inc.

Web: http://www.urbantechnology.com

This e-mail was composed of 100% recycled bits.

C20 won't reconize Baracuda drive

Post by WB3KUM/ » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

The drive(s) are N.  Good point, the N is single ended, the ND is
differentional.  Unforetuneately, both my C20 and Intel/Adaptec box are
also single ended.  Thanks for the input

C20 won't reconize Baracuda drive

Post by WB3KUM/ » Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:00:00

These drives were from a DEC (Compaq) Alpha, RZ-29.  Unlike the RZ-26,
these have custom firmware so Alpha cannot use non StorageWorks drives
and you can't use StroageWorks drives in anything else.

BEWARE of ST15150N with a part number of 9A8001-121, the -121 is the DEC
only drive.

1. Linux won't reconize NIC card for cable modem

In the last month, I had to replace my old system with a new system. I
used the old NIC card, modem, and other stuff with my cable service, but
only replaced the mother board.

Well since then, I've replaced the nic card, cable modem, and the cat 5
cable. I've also installed Red hat 7.0 -> 8.0 and NOTHING I've done, will
get linux back onto the internet.

When it boots, it hits the eth0 section, then pauses for a long while.
Like say 2 minutes, finally coming up with something like "Eth0 failed"

Now before on my old 266, I was on line with RH 7.0 -> 7.4, After I
changed the motherboard, no version of RH will get on line. Windows has
no problems what so ever, just linux.

When I installed RH8, it reconized the card, and seemed to install any
drivers needed. But it won't connect to the internet.

Any advice?

--
---

2. Changing refresh rates??

3. Linux won't reconize aha2940w

4. Q:need help on "TOP"?

5. cheap jaz, zip, and baracuda drive and more

6. video: Ntop network monitoring probe

7. Seagate Baracuda Drives

8. Setting Low Water Mark

9. Lilo & 2 SCSI Drives - Won't boot from 2nd drive

10. Using a generic tape drive on a C20??

11. tapes drive not reconized under RH 7.2

12. [Fwd: Help: XFree won't drive my laptop's LCD]

13. Trans-Ameritech's mailbox is full - Test Drive won't load...