motif porting problem

Post by David Broo » Sat, 08 Dec 1990 13:40:27

Quote:>I am currently porting motif1.1 to IBM's RISC6000.  I was able to get the
>whole thing to compile without too many hassle's but I am having one problem.
>The geometry of popupshells seems to be messed up.  It appears that the x
>and y values for the sizes is switched.

I think this is the bug: you have managed the impressive feat of
compiling the Xm library with prototypes enabled.  Unfortunately,
there's a routine with two parameters out of order in the prototype
part of its definition.  Look at lib/Xm/GeoUtils.c/_XmGeoArrangeBoxes,
and reverse the order of the pH and pW parameters in the prototype
definition (lines 1518 and 1519).  This is actually usually reported
only against MessageBox (hence the "I think" at the start).  Anyway,
try it.

--

Systems Engineering, OSF                uunet!osf.org!dbrooks
"No, I didn't say I wanted a Bud light!!!" -- Oedipus

motif porting problem

Post by Jeff W. Boo » Sat, 08 Dec 1990 10:00:23

I am currently porting motif1.1 to IBM's RISC6000.  I was able to get the
whole thing to compile without too many hassle's but I am having one problem.
The geometry of popupshells seems to be messed up.  It appears that the x
and y values for the sizes is switched.  The mwm popup that comes up when
you try and restart is cut off in the horizontal direction and there is
extra space in the vertical direction.  Also, I have a couple of applications
that use a FileSelectionBox and it also comes up with part of the interior
cut off.  Additionally, if I resize the FileSelectionBox in the horizontal
direction the widgets within the window resize in the verticle direction
instead.

Has anyone else seen this problem, and do you know where I need to fix it?

Thanks for any info.

jeff

--
Jeff W. Boote                   SCD/NCAR

1. Motif porting problem

I'm new to the Linux world, so if there is a more appropriate group
for me to post this to, kindly let me know.

I am trying to port a Motif application that includes the XRT/graph,
3d, and table widgets to a Linux system.  I have the Redhat Motif
distribution which provides the xrt libraries.  I succeeded in getting
the program to compile and link, but it crashes when I try to
initialize any of the xrt widget classes.  For example, I use
XtToolkitInitialize to initialize the Xt tookit, then the statement.

        XtInitializeWidgetClass(xtXrt3dWidgetClass);

causes a segmentation fault.  If I use XtVaAppInitialize to
initialize the application shell, then the XtInitializeWidgetClass call
works fine, but the program crashes on the first XtCreateWidget call
that includes an XRT widget class, i.e.,

graph = XtCreateWidget("graph", xtXrtGraphWidgetClass, w_form, ac, al);

This same code works fine on an HP Apollo, Sun, and SGI systems, so
I think the problem must be in how I'm linking the code or possibly
a problem with the Xt libraries.  One interesting point is that if I
apply the XtInitializeWidgetClass to a standard Motif class, it *still*
crashes.

Has anyone else had any success or problems of this sort?  Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Blanks
Raytheon TI Systems

2. using apache/own computer/hosted website/

3. Help. Porting from Motif 1.2 to Motif 2.0

4. kde3 and knotify sigsegv errors

5. Why does the jdk ports use open-motif-devel rather than open-motif?

6. Why Linux is popular

7. Problem porting HP Motif to Solaris

8. set font colors from csh script running in an xterm ?

9. Upgrading 1.3.x/Motif 2.0 system to 2.0.33/Motif 2.1 -- any problems/gotchas?

10. Help - problem running MOTIF binary on non-MOTIF Solairs 2.3

11. Problem adding tty port using 128 Port Async Adapter with 16 port Async Node

12. Porting software for Motif/FreeBSD 2.1.6-R

13. Porting Motif appplication from ESIX-4.0.4 to SunOS