TCP/IP printing to a NT printer

Post by tco.. » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I am aware there are products like IceTCP that allow IP printing to a
NT desktop printer. What would anyone here with expieriance recommend
and is there a shareware / freeware alternative?

TIA!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

TCP/IP printing to a NT printer

Post by LAIX Software Consultin » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

NT (at least workstation and server) have an lpd daemon that comes with
it.  Just enable it and then you can setup remote queues from AIX.  Some
people prefer to use Samba on AIX instead so that's another option.

Regards,
Paul

> I am aware there are products like IceTCP that allow IP printing to a
> NT desktop printer. What would anyone here with expieriance recommend
> and is there a shareware / freeware alternative?

> TIA!

TCP/IP printing to a NT printer

Post by Terry Goodi » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

We have a product that can print to a desktop device from an RS/6000 via
tcp-ip as long as the desktop printer is a network device connected to
something like an HP Jet direct or Intel Express PortServer

> I am aware there are products like IceTCP that allow IP printing to a
> NT desktop printer. What would anyone here with expieriance recommend
> and is there a shareware / freeware alternative?

> TIA!

TCP/IP printing to a NT printer

Post by Burkhard Weebe » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

LAIX Software Consulting schrieb in Nachricht

Quote:>NT (at least workstation and server) have an lpd daemon that comes with
>it.  Just enable it and then you can setup remote queues from AIX.  Some
>people prefer to use Samba on AIX instead so that's another option.

>Regards,
>Paul

If you spool to a NT Workstation keep it _SEEMS_ that NT can only handle a
certain amount of queued up jobs (my exp. abount 6).
You have to do some shell script trick to prevent the AIX to send print jobs
parallel to NT.

1. TCP/IP printing to NT 3.51 amchine's printer

Hi guys,
        I have a NT3.51 server with TCP/IP printing installed so
solaris 2.4 machines could print to the printer attached to NT
machine.  Currently I could only print ASCII files to that NT
machine's printer.  PS file, Netscape's image file all go wrong.
Some person suggest that I could put a "filter" on solaris side.
I manned "lpr" and it said sth. about filtering, but not directly
applicable.

        Does any person have some idea or experience about
this?

        Regards!

        H. Yu

2. Error message "Unable to handle kernel swap request ..." while loading linux.

3. TCP/IP print to Windows NT lpd?

4. cops and linux

5. how to set up printing in NT using TCP/IP

6. HELP! Why didn't it work?

7. Printing to Win98 clients WPS printer over Samba and TCP/IP

8. Panasonic 562 cdrom not detected.

9. Printing over TCP/IP to an Novell-Printer ??????

10. printing to TCP/IP printer

11. Printing to a remote TCP/IP printer

12. Linux print -> HP network-based printer(TCP/IP) ?

13. HELP: Printing on remote printer via TCP/IP