Migrate from SNA v4 to SNA v5

Post by Sibastien CAMBL » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

Did someone have experiences in migration SNA v4 => SNA v5.
In IBM Migration Guide, the migration seems to be very easy. Is it true
?

--
Sbastien CAMBLIN - Ingnieur Systme/Rseau

Maginfo Consultant - (33) 1 44 54 62 43
66, rue des Archives
75003 Paris - FRANCE

Migrate from SNA v4 to SNA v5

Post by Daniel Comea » Sun, 18 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Hi everybody,

> Did someone have experiences in migration SNA v4 => SNA v5.
> In IBM Migration Guide, the migration seems to be very easy. Is it true
> ?

Shouldn't have a problem.  I do recommend to upgrade sna.rte to at least
3.1.2.5 before though,
since before that there is a problem with exporting the security profiles.
Otherwise, you will have to
use /dev/null as the input device for the security profiles when you
migrate them.  However, this
workaround won't work if you're actually using the security profiles.

In short, if you're using security profiles, upgrade to 3.1.2.5 before the
migration.

Daniel

To reply, please replace spamsucks with dcomeau
Thanks.

1. LINUX-SNA : problem with sna tools

I install my kernel 2.3.39 with patch net-fun for sna connection ==> without
problem.
But, when i compiled sna tools, i didn't know what configured the snaconfig,
because the documentation isn't present with this tools.
Help me please, if you are some documentations for SNA TOOLS.

P.S Sorry, my english is very bad.

2. Configuring CT65545 (Hyperdata) and LCD (800x600) for X ???

3. Difference between IBM SNA for Windows and IBM SNA for UNIX

4. Conexant PCI ADSL under Linux

5. migration from sna version 3.1 to sna version 5 problems

6. Symbols in libc

7. SNA server 1.2 to eNetwork Ver 5 - migrate?

8. stripping out con-conformant characters

9. eNetwork Comm Server Rel 5.0 -> migrate from SNA 1.2?

10. SNA/Bisync RJE for Linux?

11. SNA books

12. Need Consultant ASAP for SNA help

13. IBM SNA (CS/AIX)