3rd party install kits

Post by r.. » Fri, 25 Sep 1992 23:09:40

Do third party installation kits use the installp and updatep functionality?
Do they use something else on AIX?
Anyone have any examples?

3rd party install kits

Post by Graeme Moff » Wed, 30 Sep 1992 16:57:33

>Do third party installation kits use the installp and updatep functionality?
>Do they use something else on AIX?
>Anyone have any examples?

CATIA updates use a script called instptf. This uses /etc/inurest to do the
dirty work, and does not update the ODM, nor (presumably) do much
prerequisite level checking. I recently applied some patches, at least two of
which replaced the same file, and I could not work out which one to apply
last, or whether it mattered.

--

Computer Aided Design Centre,  Fax: +64-9-366-0702 /  our bodies & our wits
School of Engineering,    Ph: +64-9-737-999 x8384 /  But we waste time,