Fore ATM MCA200E card on AIX 4.2, LAN Em...

Fore ATM MCA200E card on AIX 4.2, LAN Em...

Post by Bruce Elri » Fri, 24 Jan 1997 04:00:00

So we got IBM's Turboways ATM 155 adapter only to find out the drivers
only support RFC1577 IP over ATM and not LAN Emulation 1.0.  I did
some checking and found the Fore MCA200E card, which claims to support
UNI 3.0 with LAN Em 1.0.  Great.  It even lists a G30 and J30 on the
supported hardware list. Fantastic.  It lists 3.2 and 4.1 for AIX
support, but doesn't mention 4.2.

Has anyone used this card with 4.2?  Even better, have you used it
with AIX 4.2 and HACMP, either 4.1.1 or 4.2?

I'd appreciate any feedback on ATM standards in general, since I am
relatively new to this.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give...

Bruce
--
Bruce Elrick ---- Physics ---- University of Toronto ---- M5S 1A7

1. Fore Systems PCA-200, ATM NIC PCI 155MBPS Network card

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience using Fore Systems PCI ATM cards in a
non-Sun box running solaris.

I am setting up a test IPv6 POP using ATM internally. I saw a good
deal on some nics and was wondering if anyone had any hints or tips
that would help me.

PS: my main servers are two e3500's using Forerunner SBA-200's.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Thanks

Michael

2. expr: syntax error

3. ATM device driver setting for AIX 4.2

4. Mini Linux installation problems

5. Fore ATM network cards--Help!!

6. routing question

7. FORE ATM card problems

8. Switch between voice, data and fax calls

9. FORE ATM SBUS Cards & Solaris8

10. Driver for FORE Systems PCA-200EPC ATM card?

11. FORE ATM cards on a MP Sol2.6 box

12. Device driver for the FORE ATM card

13. Linux ATM Driver for Fore adapter ???