dpid2 susbsystem

Post by Matteo Mantin » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi!
Can you tell me what kind of process is dpid2 (on AIX box)?

thanks!

ciao, Matteo

dpid2 susbsystem

Post by John R. Campbe » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>Can you tell me what kind of process is dpid2 (on AIX box)?

        Dpid2 is related to snmpd.  If you turn off SNMP (which, unless
        you re-set it's community name, is a security breach) you NEED
        to turn off dpid2 so that you won't fill up the /var filesystem
        with whining messages...

        You'll need to comment out the starts for snmpd and dpid2 in
        /etc/rc.tcpip...

--

 - As a SysAdmin, yes, I CAN read your e-mail, but I DON'T get that bored!
   Disclaimer:  All opinions expressed are those of John Campbell alone and

1. dpid2 and logfiles

Does anyone know what the dpid2 daemon does?
Online docs at IBM are vague.

The problem that happened is that somehow logging
was started for this daemon and it
filled /var/tmp. There are references to dpid2
in /etc/snmpd.conf and /etc/snmpd.peers but
nothing that looks like it relates to logging.

I'd like to know how to turn logging off and if
this daemon is necessary. For now I'm just
killing it as stopsrc has no effect.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. screwed up good qmail configuration